Every year, we celebrate World Environment Day on 5th June. This event, created by the United Nations in 1972, highlights a specific environmental issue in order to raise awareness. Hotel Trianon Rive Gauche is an eco-friendly hotel that acts in favour of sustainable development by taking steps to protect the environment.
What is the aim of World Environment Day?
World Environment Day is a major event held in a different country every year to raise awareness of the major environmental issues facing the world. The aim of this day is to teach people what they can do to make a positive contribution to sustainable and equitable development.
Everyone can play a part in sustainable development: local authorities, governments, schools, individuals… and hotels too!
How can we protect the environment?
Our eco-friendly hotel works hard every day to protect the environment. Located in the 6th arrondissement of Paris, in Saint Germain des Prés and in the Latin Quarter, our hotel in Paris centre demonstrates its commitment to the environment by obtaining European Ecolabel certification, as well as the international Clef Verte label.
● For sustainable water consumption, bath towels are changed at the customer’s request. If they want clean linen, they have to leave it on the bathroom floor. Also, water aerators have been placed in the bathrooms, significantly reducing the flow rate and therefore water consumption.
● To reduce our plastic pollution, individual packaging is being replaced by soap dispensers for body and hair. Also, glass water bottles are available to our guests to reduce their plastic consumption during their stay.
● Nespresso capsules are recycled and taken to the shop for reconditioning.
● Butter, jam, sugar, honey and spreads are stored in large containers. No more individual packaging!
● Products that cannot be put into large packs are fair trade or organic. Such as sugar, coffee and tea in rooms, or our local and organic honey.
● To limit waste production and consumption, orange juice is squeezed on site!
● Waste sorting: light bulbs, batteries, ink cartridges, toners.
● To reduce our plastic consumption, cleaning product bottles are refillable.
● The cleaning and maintenance team now uses only 3 cleaning products, which are more natural and environmentally friendly.
● Hotel Trianon Rive Gauche is also committed to raising its employees’ awareness of sustainable development with annual ecological transition training courses. For example, speakers from ecological organisations such as Ecolabel have provided staff with the knowledge they need about the challenges of sustainable development.
Stay in a sustainable hotel in Paris
Want to be part of the ecological transition during your stay in Paris? Book your stay in our eco-friendly hotel in the centre of Paris!
Want to treat a friend, family member or loved one? The possibilities are endless, as are the amounts of our gift cards. Offer an unusual night and an unforgettable gift here !